We offer a full range of skip sizes
When it comes to skip sizes, there are plenty to choose from. This is great for ensuring you can hire the correct size for the job at hand, but it can be a little confusing, particularly if you are new to skip hire.
But not to worry. We can help you choose the right skip for the job. We offer a full range of sizes, from the 2 yard mini skip to the 40 cubic yard RORO, and everything in between.
Below you can find details, dimension and potential uses for each of the different skip sizes we can offer. To find the price of hiring a skip in your area, enter your postcode into the search box above to find the best local skip hire prices.
Are you looking to hire a mini skip to clear out some waste from your home or business? If you are, we can provide the best prices on mini skips to cities, towns and villages across the UK.
As the name suggests, the mini skip is the smallest skip we offer. With a capacity of 2 cubic yards, the mini skip is perfect for clearing out small quantities of waste from your home or business premises.
The mini skip can be used to dispose of all types of waste, including the following:
- Building waste such as concrete, bricks and rubble.
- Household waste such as old clothing, small furniture, bathroom tiles, kitchen units and toys.
- Garden waste such as soil, hedge trimmings, grass cuttings and branches.
- Office waste such as cardboard boxes, paper and kitchen waste.
The 2 yard mini skip is a great choice for small DIY projects around the home. So whether you are retiling the bathroom, replacing an old laminate floor, renewing some dated kitchen units or clearing out some space in the garden shed, hiring a mini skip is a cheap and convenient option.
- Capacity – 2 cubic yards / 1.5 cubic metres
- Height – 2′ 6″ / 0.79 metres
- Length – 4′ 0″ / 1.22 metres
- Width – 3′ 0″ / 0.91 metres
4 Yard Skip
The 4 yard skip is a perfect choice for householders looking to have a general tidy up around the home. It is also great for home renovations, such as ripping out an old bathroom suite, getting rid of garden waste and a whole host of other jobs.
As well as being a popular choice for homeowners, the 4 yard skip can be used for a variety of commercial applications. So whether you are renovating a shop, clearing out an office, or you’re a builder doing a small job for a customer, our 4 yard skip could be just the right size.
A 4 yard skip can be used for all types of waste and will hold approximately 30 to 40 bags of rubbish. Examples of the type of waste that a 4 yard skip can be used for includes:
- Household waste such as old toys, furniture, kitchen units, bathroom suites and clothing.
- Garden waste such as grass, tree branches, hedge trimmings and soil.
- Construction waste such as rubble, stone and bricks
- Office waste such as paper, cardboard and old office furniture.
- Capacity – 4 cubic yard / 3 cubic metres
- Height – 3′ 2″ / 0.97 metres
- Length – 6′ 0″ / 1.83 metres
- Width – 4′ 3″ / 1.3 metres
6 Yard Skip
The 6 yard skip is what we refer to as a small builders skip. It is the perfect size skip for mid-level projects, such as small construction jobs, office clearances or home renovations.
Roughly the size of a small van, the 6 cubic yard skip can hold the equivalent of approximately 50-60 bin bags of rubbish. Of course, this skip can be used to dispose of all types of waste, including:
- Soil, bricks and rubble
- Wood, pallets and other timber
- Tree cuttings and other garden waste
- Furniture and household waste
- Scrap metal
- Office waste such as paper and cardboard
The 6 yard skip can be provided with a drop door if required, making loading the skip with heavy waste such as soil much easier. You can then use a wheelbarrow to directly wheel the waste into the skip without lifting it over the side.
Our 6 cubic yard skip is a good choice for both domestic and commercial customers. They can be delivered on private property such as a driveway, or on the road if required. Just keep in mind that if you need to have the skip delivered on the road, a permit from your local council will be required. This usually takes a few days to organise, and it will add a little extra to the cost of hiring the skip.
- Capacity – 6 cubic yard / 4.6 cubic metres
- Height – 4′ 0″ / 1.22 metres
- Length – 8′ 6″ / 2.6 metres
- Width – 5′ 0″ / 1.52 metres
8 Yard Skip
The 8 yard skip is the most popular size and is often referred to as a maxi or builders skip. This large skip is perfect for construction work where soil, rubble, bricks and other heavy waste types need to be disposed of.
As with some of our smaller skips, the 8 yard skip can be supplied with a drop down door. This makes it much easier to load with a wheelbarrow, saving you the backache of having to lift heavy waste over the side of the skip.
The 8 yard skip is also a great choice for jobs involving bulky waste, such as ripping out old kitchen units, clearing out old office furniture and large landscaping jobs.
If you need to have a skip delivered on the road, you will need to have permission from the council in the form of a skip permit. Although the rules vary across the UK, in many cases, the 8 cubic skip is the largest skip that the council will allow to be placed on the road.
With the capacity to hold the equivalent of approximately 60 to 75 bin bags of rubbish, the 8 cubic yard skip offers great value for all types of large projects. Whether for domestic or commercial jobs, this skip can be used to dispose of all types of waste, including:
- Bricks, concrete, rubble and soil
- Tree and hedge cuttings and other garden waste
- Household waste such as furniture, kitchen units, worktops and bathroom fittings
- Office clearances including furniture, cardboard and paper
- Capacity – 8 cubic yard / 6.1 cubic metres
- Height – 4′ 0″ / 1.22 metres
- Length – 12′ 0″ / 3.66 metres
- Width – 5′ 6″ / 1.67 metres
12 Yard Skip
If you have a large project on your hands, the 12 yard skip could be the perfect choice. With the capacity to hold the equivalent of up to 120 bags of waste, this skip can handle all types of jobs for domestic and commercial customers.
Whether you are refitting retail premises, clearing out old office furniture or decluttering the loft of many years worth of household clutter, the 12 yard skip could be just the ticket.
Due to the size of this skip, it should only be used for lightweight materials. The 12 yard skip will not be suitable for heavy construction waste such as rubble, soil or concrete.
- Capacity – 12 cubic yards / 9.2 cubic metres
- Height – 5′ 6″ / 1.68 metres
- Length – 12′ 2″ / 3.7 metres
- Width – 5′ 10″ / 1.78 metres
16 Yard Skip
The 16 yard skip is the largest of our standard skip containers. This is a beast of a skip, perfect for tackling the biggest of jobs. They are predominately used for commercial work, such as office clearances, shop refits and general business waste.
However, if you have a large household project on your hands and are looking to get rid of bulky waste such as furniture or tree cuttings, the 16 yard skip is ideal.
Standing at a height of over 6′ 7″, this skip can hold up to a huge 160 bin bags of waste.
It can only be used for lightweight materials, so it is not suitable for heavy construction waste such as rubble or soil. But other than that, the 16 yard skip can be used for a whole host of different waste materials.
- Capacity – 16 cubic yards / 12.2 cubic metres
- Height – 6′ 7″ / 2.0 metres
- Length – 14′ 9″ / 4.5 metres
- Width – 5′ 6″ / 1.67 metres
See prices for skip hire in your area.
Enter your postcode to find the best prices on skip hire in your area